Wednesday, October 9, 2013

8 Favorites at 8 Months

Enok is 8 months old today! I can't believe that in 4 more months he will be one year old! I used to feel like that day would never come, but now it seems like it will come all too soon!

Here are Enok's 8 favorite things at 8 months old:

1. Eating. He loves eating. Baby food, puff snacks, his sippy cup, and his bottle. He can down 8oz of baby food at a time like its no ones business. I only let him do that at dinner though. He eats 3 'solid' food meals a day and then has 2-3 bottles as well. And he always gets some puff snacks, which he can now feed himself. As of this week he will even eat veggie baby food! [He used to only eat fruit/cereal/or 'main dish' baby foods.] And he figured out how to drink from his sippy this past week too! Yay!!! I don't think we will have any trouble weening this boy when it comes time. He hardly ever wants his bottle anymore.




2.Bath time. When Enok was first born he didn't like bath time so much. But we started a bed time routine with him at about 2 months and started giving him a bath before bed every night and soon enough he started to love bath time. And it is definitely still one of his favorites!


3. Outside. Enok LOVES the outdoors. Ever since he was a tiny tiny babe if he was throwing a fit all I would have to do to get him to stop is step outside. This is still the case. It's hilarious. He won't just chill in his carseat if he is inside, but if he's outside he totally will. He won't play in his exersaucer inside anymore, but if its outside he totally will. He stays happy/content outside like a million times longer than he will with the same activity inside. All I know is we gotta get ourselves a yard. And soon.



4. People. Enok likes people. He is a social little fella. And such a flirt. He sure knows how to turn on the charm around the ladies, especially the older ones ;). It's probably cuz he is stuck at home alone with mom for the majority of the time, but he thrives off of being around other kids. And he loves all attention to be on him. He also loves babbling. I'm hoping he stays outgoing and doesn't turn shy.




5. Paper/Plastic. He likes to crinkle it. And try to eat it. He has eaten some paper before I could stop him before. Only a little bit though. Whenever we get the newspaper ads in the mail I let him play with them before we toss them and he has a ball. And don't worry, playing with plastic bags is closely supervised, he just loves it so much I can't say no!





6. Laughing with mom & dad. It seems like every day there is some new thing that he thinks is hilarious. And if you can figure out what it is he will just laugh and laugh and laugh. And lots of times if I just start randomly laughing he just starts laughing too. It's hilarious.





7. Standing. He loves to stand. Sometimes I have to force him to sit down. He hasn't started standing and holding on to objects yet, he just holds onto me when he stands. Hence me having to force him to sit so that I don't just have to hold him standing all the time.




8. New objects. All new objects are infinitely fascinating. Anything that he hasn't seen before he wants to touch and taste. Remote controls, straps on bags, empty plastic containers, my hairbrush, the cord hanging from our ceiling fan to turn the light on/off, a ruler, basically anything. He gets bored of his toys a little too fast these days...







I feel like Enok has grown and developed so much in the past two months especially. He is infinitely easier/more managable now than he was four months ago. He plays by himself quite a bit, he feeds himself his bottle and puff snacks, and he has figured out how to deal with teething a little better. Four months ago he just wanted to be held all the time. Unless he was outside, then I could put him down.  And sleeping and naps are so great now too. He generally sleeps from 7pm-7am (sometimes 6am) and he used to wake up once a night, but recently he hasn't been any more. And he takes 2 good naps a day. And when we put him down we just lay him in his crib and leave, for bedtime he never cries, but at naps he will cry for 5 minutes about half of the time. But he is getting better at going to sleep for naps too.

There are some things he isn't doing that I thought he would be doing by 8 months. He isn't crawling, pulling himself up on things, or pushing himself up from laying down to a sitting position. He does try to climb onto things, but can't really manage it yet. I figure these things will come when they come, and for now I will enjoy the relative safety he lives in since he cant move himself around too much yet.

I sure do love my little man.





I love his huge shadow =) 











1 comment:

  1. The picture where Enok is standing and looking in the mirror - drunk with happiness - is priceless.

    ReplyDelete