Pregnancy was quite a journey. And for the most part I would say that it was a pretty good one....
First Trimester: I was nauseous. Really nauseous. I pretty much lived off of fruit and nothing else. Philip cut up a lot of apples and cantelope for me. Thank heavens that summer is the time for good fruit prices! I really didn't throw up a ton, but enough to where I just got used to it and learned not to dread it. Worst experiences included vommitting on our flights to and from Texas as well as in the car.... and the bag leaked.... all over me.... and the car..... gross. Philip is the best, he cleaned up a lot of puke this summer. I don't like vommitting in the toilet, so I used bags and bowls and Philip washed most of my bowls and he often held my hair. He's the best for reals =) I also was soooooooo tired. All the time. Never been so sleepy in my life. Thank heavens I could take lots of naps! I was pretty boring this summer due to being preggo.
 |
| 5 Weeks (Just found out!) |
 |
| 13 Weeks |
Second Trimester: From weeks 14 to 28 I grew very large. I was so happy that the nausea left and I could finally enjoy food again! And thank heavens it did, or I don't know how I would have done my student teaching. I quickly forgot the terribleness of the first trimester and started enjoying being pregnant. I really did enjoy pregnancy during my second trimester. I had some aches and pains, but for the most part I felt pretty good and getting to find out baby's gender, and start to feel him move around was really great. =)
 |
| 15 Weeks |
 |
| 18 Weeks |
 |
| 20 Weeks |
 |
| 23 Weeks |
 |
| 24 Weeks |
 |
| 25 Weeks |
 |
| 27 Weeks |
Third Trimester: The third trimester was worse than the first. Holy heck. I didn't exercise during my pregnancy and I really came to regret that during the 3rd trimester. I was so large and so achey. My back hurt, my legs hurt, my pelvis hurt, all my muscles hurt..... and walking any sort of distance just got too hard. And then my blood pressure went crazy and if I had been working or anything my doctor would have made me stop. I would have been put on bedrest, but I wasn't doing much anyways, so the doc said to just continue not doing much. I did get put on real bedrest, but only 2 days before they induced me. Oh, and up to this point I thought I would make it through pregnancy relatively stretch mark free. I hoped too soon. Way too soon. I was soooo ready for baby to be born. How do mother's of twins do it? I can't imagine carrying twins..... beast.... props to you women who do! Oh, and total weight gain......... a whopping 50lbs (well, nearly)..... yea, I have a lot of weight to lose..... but seriously, I didn't even pig out very much. I blame genetics.
No comments:
Post a Comment