Sunday, December 4, 2011

Autumn 2011

This fall has been really eventful for us!
 The semester began with Philip making a career path change. Previously, Philip was an exercise science major on a pre-dental path. Due to promptings and prayer he decided to switch to landscape management with the end goal of getting a master's degree in landscape architecture. We are both really happy and excited about this decision! He is on path to graduate in August 2013 with a bachelors in landscape management and a minor in management from the Marriott business school.
I am still continuing on my path to graduate in December 2012 (only 1 year! yay!) with a bachelors in mathematics education. I did decide this year though to add a geography teaching minor. This means that when I graduate I will be certified to teach math and geography in middle and high school. I really cannot wait to graduate!
So what were we up to in the month of September? Mainly school, but also towards the end of the month we went to Orangeville Utah to go to the baptism of our nephew Eli Morris. We drove up there with mom & dad Roberts and really enjoyed the whole trip! Here are some pictures!

 Us and Eli, we are so proud of him!

 Hannah and Abby, Eli's sisters! 

Jacob, Eli's little brother. With his cast! 

Philip and I at the stake center.

While there we went up to the Rochester Panel. It was a fun hike and it was really neat to see all of the hieroglyphs!



October was also a great month! It began with general conference, which I love! We were able to go the the Saturday afternoon session with Philip's brother Mike and sister Charlotte along with our nieces Julianna, Ashley, and Hannah. That night Philip went to the priesthood session with Mike and brother-in-law Lowell.. We took some pictures of the fun we had while conference was not going on, but unfortunately they accidentally got deleted off the camera before they got onto the computer =( 
We also went to a BYU football game in October, but those pictures also got deleted. 
The end of October was of course Halloween! We didn't really have time to think of costumes, so we dressed up as milk and milk's favorite cookie. We also made these witch hat cookies... super easy and cute! 


 The red thing on my head is the cap for the milk...

 Philip's carved pumpkin.

 I didn't want to carve, so I painted! And I painted a Turkey so that it would stay in season through Thanksgiving!




Every Wednesday there is the Police Beat in the campus newspaper. This one made me laugh. A lot.

Thanksgiving was great too! We went to visit my Grandpa Burch in Idaho Falls Idaho. My wonderful Grandma Burch passed away this past August, it was strange to be there without her there, but it was wonderful to spend time with my mothers family. 

 Us and Grandpa Burch

 My Aunt Gina's family. Left to right: Sydney, Uncle Jay, Mark (in the back), Derek, Aunt Gina. 


Left to right: Aunt Kaye, Julie, Aunt Gina, Sydney, Me 

Me and my cousin Sydney. We were born in the same hospital room 2 years apart! 

I love my mom's family. They are so awesome and loving and fun. While there we also went to the Idaho Falls temple for the first time. My grandpa is a sealer at that temple and that is the temple where my parents were sealed. 



We also went to a vocal point concert in November. They were amazing! I loved it! 


Well, that has been autumn for us! We are sooooo looking forward to the end of the semester and Christmas!!!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It's fun to see all that you are up to! Julianna just walked by the computer and said, "Aunt Jenepher is SOOOO beautiful." Just thought I would share... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! I am glad we made it on your blog!
    I am not sure if you checked, but I had a few of the pics from conference weekend on my blog if you need to steal some of them ;)
    I hope we will see you again soon...good luck on upcoming finals!

    ReplyDelete