This will be the final post on our epic road trip, and will contain far fewer pictures because when your at the beach on a warm day you want to play, not take pictures! I just have to say that I LOVE the beach! I want one in my backyard someday ;)
This reminded me of my favorite poem, footprints in the sand.
Philip LOVES to build sand castles :) So we always do!
Oh, and I should probably answer a few questions that I'm sure some of you have been asking yourself.... We're poor right? Yes. So how did we do it? Over consumption of cooler food (sandwiches, bagels, etc.), SUPER cheap (this is code for lame) hotels + some camping, looking for and finding deals on tickets, and using the power of technology to find nearby gas stations with the lowest price. And no, we did not go into debt for this trip. And yes, that money would have been great to add to savings. But you know what? The amount we spent for what we did was extremely reasonable (we actually spent about half as much as we did on our honeymoon and our honeymoon was shorter and we didn't do nearly as much stuff). We are young and hope to start our family soon, and once we do we won't have the opportunity to do crazy road trips like this for a while. There is a season for everything, and this August, it was the season for an epic road trip!







No comments:
Post a Comment