Philip and I unexpectedly ended up having a quiet Christmas alone this year. We were planning on spending the holidays with his parents, but due to different circumstances (one of which being that I didn't want to fly anywhere at 32 weeks), we ended up having Christmas by ourselves at our apartment. I was worried about it being lonely and just not feeling like Christmas since it would only be us, but it turns out that we really had a beautiful Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. It may be the only Christmas we have with just the two of us ever! Or at least for a long time..... Here are some ways we spent our Christmas season:
 |
| Yes, Philip's gingerbread house is the big one..... |
 |
| This boy loves making gingerbread houses! |
 |
| The lights at the Riverwoods mall, so cold, but so beautiful! |
 |
| The light trees on a lake in Salem by where I did my student teaching. It was so beautiful to see the lights reflecting in the water. |
 |
| Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, no Santa presents yet! |
 |
| This is Buster. He is our friends rabbit who we baby-sat (?rabbit-sat?) over the break while they were away. Buster isn't scared of the vaccuum, he likes small spaces, and he poops a lot. |
 |
| Christmas Eve dinner, we made a cornish hen! Just the right size for two! |
 |
| Christmas tree waffles! They didn't turn out so cute (you can't see it so well in this pic, but they were mostly brown from cooking rather than green), but they still tasted good! |
So Philip's big (big as in took a lot of time and planning and preparation, not big as in expensive) Christmas gift from me were super daddy-to-be supplies! I got the idea off of pinterest and made it my own... a lot of time and planning went into it, but it was a lot of fun to put together and Philip loved it! =)
 |
| Philip likes Super Man and Batman the most..... so that is the theme for this box. Super Mommy t-shirt, Super Daddy t-shirt, and Daddy's lil' sidekick onsie all with the superman symbol on them (which you cant see in this picture). I bought plain t's and a plain onsie and did print off iron on's to make the final product. I think I know what we will be for Halloween this year! On the right is his batman themed stuff. A bib that says "These fools put my cape on backwards", a changing pad, a burp rag, and a little carry bag all with the batman symbol on them. All sewn by me and they symbols were also iron on printables. |
 |
| More super daddy supplies |
 |
| More super daddy supplies with two little pee-pee -tipi's |
For Christmas dinner we drove to the Morris' (Philip's sister's house) and had a delicious Christmas dinner. We took a picture with their tree cuz it was so dang cute! And Tall!
 |
| Merry Christmas!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment